As I'm sure most of you will, by now, be aware that Flutterby Crafts is no longer, and I now work for the lovely Cate at The Mulberry Bush, the location is still the same but the shop looks stunning, and there are lots of plans for the coming year.
Anyway, I thought I would do a quick picture tutorial of how I made the lovely paper flowers that the girls in class have been using over the last couple of weeks, I can't stop myself from making them at the moment, and enjoy sitting on the sofa with the family making them instead of tucking myself away in my craft studio!
I started off by die cutting some of the lovely Madame Payraud's papers
from Papermania using a Marianne flower die.
I used distress inks to colour the backs and front edges.
I then spritzed them all with a gold ink also from DoCrafts, I should mention it is one of the best spritzing inks I have ever used and doesn't seem to clog.
Just a word of caution though, cover up your area very well, as you can see even though I was very careful and sprayed into a box lid, some spray still found its way onto the paper underneath, creating a nice effect, but it wouldn't have looked quite so good on my white tablecloth that was underneath!!!
When all the papers are dry, start rolling them up with a pair of tweezers.
Then when there is enough to grip in your fingers, continue rolling until you reach the end, and secure onto the disk at the end with a dollop of pva and hold until stuck, or hot glue for an instant grip, but be careful as this can burn your fingers!
I then put a bit of pva into the centre and wedged in a pearl
I left all of my flowers overnight to fully dry before using them on my project.
And here's the finished piece.
Your comments are always welcome, Happy Crafting
Here are some of the products used: