Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

Wild Rose studios Cross.....i'm not talking about their temper !



This is the Easter card that I made in class with the ladies yesterday, we tried to keep it simple! and traditional.



I am loving these new tags that we have in the shop, they stamp and colour up beautifully.
I have used two different sizes and  stamped directly onto them with rich cocoa Memento ink and the Wild Rose Studios Easter Cross and love circles stamps.
After stamping I have used a good quality white pencil and coloured in all the flowers and tiny leaves, this gives a really lovely look and base to colour over with my promarkers.
I have used the new limited edition spring set of promarkers, I absolutely love these new colours and can't believe how much I have used them .
Dot some colour onto the areas that you have whitened with pencil, how much colour you add is entirely your choice, then you can add a little white pencil around the inside edge of the cross.
Next sponge a little vintage photo distress ink around the edges of the tag,add an organza bow and you are  done.

Now to make the little ones.
I have cheated a little with this as there isn't actually anything on the tag at the back! but the one at the front is the one that's got it all going on! 
Ink the little flower on the side of the cross stamp and stamp into the corner, do same on the opposite corner 
and add a few leaves as well, colour it in the same way as before then stick the two tags together, I put glue around the reinforcement on the hole which means if you wanted to add some words it will lift for you to do that. To finish I stamped the "sending sweet thoughts" from the Love Circles set on a spare tag and cut that out and stuck it off centre onto the small tags, again I have added a little white pencil, ink around the edges as before.

To make the card all I have done is punch the edge with one of the new Cart-us border punches that we have in the shop, there are some nice and unusual designs, I chose the daisy. After deciding it was too plain i used the fresh meadow Promarker to highlight the edge, and added a blue line using the April Shower Promarker.
Stamp randomly around the edge the same way as before ,now colour in not forgetting you won't need to use the white pencil as you are using a white card blank, it sounds obvious when said out load but I did find myself reaching for it...!
Now to stick the tags on, I used some foam tape to stick the large tag, but just used double sided tape for the small ones. Add some organza bows a few pearls here and there and you're done!

Hope you enjoy my card as much as I do, all supplies are available from Flutterby Crafts, the kettle is always on but  if you cant come and see us in person then you can order from the mulberry-bush.com,   Cate will be more than happy to help.


Happy colouring everyone x

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Saw this in the shop today Nicky, absolutely beautiful! Lovely colouring,mas always. Xx

Anonymous said...

so proud of you mummy for making this blog hope you enjoy making this even more. :)