Pages

Thursday 2 October 2014

A cheeky little extra!!!

Evening all! I have a cheeky little extra post for you this evening, as it occurred to me a tool I find useful may be just what you need to help you with your colouring!
So what is it I hear you all cry??? well most of us these days have smart phones, and its what I use on a daily basis to photograph my work, as my camera is too much faffing around with, linking cables excreta, and, most of the time! photos are instantly available on my laptop thanks to that mysterious object "The Cloud!  (get to the point...)
So " why is all this waffle gona help me?" I hear you screaming...

 When I have coloured an image I take a photo, then I use the filter function in the edit bit to turn it black and white, this way I can check to see if my shading is correct, and if I need to add any more shade or if I've gone a wee bit over the top... here's an example


 
This is the original photo, and there was something wrong and I couldn't work out what, so...
 
 
 
I used the black and white filter to check, and while most of it was just right, the part by her arm and bust was completely wrong, and consequently I won't be using her on a card, its a great little aid to use and although it might seem time consuming to recolour something I'm not happy with, it means that only my best work gets through. 
 
Give it a go and let me know in the comments how you got on, and have fun with it.
 
Night all,
Happy Colouring
Nicky x

No comments: