Pages

Monday 6 October 2014

Autumn has definately arrived!

Wow, today could not be any more different than the beautiful sunshine of yesterday, so I think it is fair to say Autumn is upon us, but it is my favourite time of year as I love all the beautiful colours of the season, but I do think we should adopt the American word fall for this time of year as it seems so much more appropriate!
With that in mind I set about trying to use the lovely oranges and reds, browns and earthy greens on a card and when I made this one it just had to be for this months challenge, is this month going to be the first time you enter the Spectrum Noir challenge over on the Facebook page? or are you a seasoned challenge entrant? Either way we just love seeing all your creations.
 
 
The theme this month?...Embellishments! And yes I did go a wee bit mad!
 
The colours I have used on the beautiful Sara Burrier stamp are:
Hair: 111, 120, 69, 102
Skin: 101, 106, 111, 86, 6
Dress: 020, 22, 57, 58, 59
Wings: 6, 9, 20, 81, 120
 
 
Embellishments can be anything, from little tiny punched butterflies, to flowers with button centres.
 
 
I love these colours! 

 
Ribbon also constitutes embellishment! I have turned this wired hessian ribbon into a butterfly to keep with the theme, I coloured the flower stamens with marker OR2 and used them to make antenna! 

 
You can enter your challenge card here, and keep an eye out for the design team cards, they are all stunning this month.
 
 
Keep an eye out later this month as I will be showing you how to colour this beautiful fairies dark skin, and how to make the ribbon butterflies.
 
Thanks for your company today x
 
Happy colouring
Nicky x

No comments: