Pages

Monday 18 May 2015

Football Crazy!

Hi all, I'm sharing a card I made for my son's birthday recently, he's football mad!

 
I had already used this image once before for him, but I had seen a really great tutorial on the Spectrum Noir website by Laine Webb for making your own 3D decoupage, and knew this little guy would look great 3D'd up!  So I followed Laine's fab instructions and set about creating a 3D card.
 
Firstly I had to print him out 5 times as he was a digital image, then I cut out the layers as follows:
 




I then coloured each of those parts as follows:
 
Did you spot that I accidentally coloured the whole of his T-shirt?!
 



The colours I used were:
 
Hair - EB1, EB2, EB3, EB6,
Bandana - TB3, TB4, Blender, Pencil 120...
Skin - FS8, FS3, FS5
Hat - BGR1, BGR2
Top - TB3, TB5,TB6, TB7Pencil 120
Trousers - TB4, TB8, TB9
Shoes - BGR1, BGR2, TB2, TB3


To make the background I sponged my Pebeo Dyna acrylic paints onto a piece of black card
 
 
When it was dry I used a white gel pen to draw a double line around the edge and to write Happy Birthday Harry, only then did I run it through the stonewall embossing folder from Crafters Companion
 

 
I wanted the writing to look like graffiti


I finished the card by layering up all the decoupage elements, making sure I shaped all the pieces to give good dimension and used Collall 3D gel to add more height.
My Son Loved his card as much as I did, and was glad to have had the inspiration from Laine to do something a little different.
There are lots of tutorials on the Spectrum Noir blog and Facebook pages, why not have a good look, you can follow the links by clicking on the highlighted words.

Thanks for popping in today,
Happy Colouring
Nicky x




 
 

No comments: