Pages

Saturday 27 June 2015

Fun background using Spectrum Aquas.

 
Earlier this month I shared a great tutorial on the Spectrum Noir blog "making a splash background"
and in the tutorial I mentioned picking up the excess ink from the mat onto some scraps of watercolour card and ribbon, Well...this is one of those scraps!
 
 
 
It was quite an uninspiring piece until I remembered that I had seen a tutorial on the Spectrum Noir blog all about using bubble wrap with the markers, so thought I would follow the instructions given by Laine in her post and added some 'bubbles'!
I then die cut it into a tag shape, and on a second piece of those soak up pieces, stamped flowers from Shenna Douglass' Wild Rose briar stamps and die cut them with the co-ordinating die set. I shaped them and layered them up in pairs to add dimension.

You can follow Laine's instructions here.
There are lots of tutorials and inspiration on the Spectrum Noir blog and Facebook pages.
I hope you have a great crafty weekend,
Happy colouring!

Nicky x

No comments: