Pages

Monday, 25 June 2012

Letraset Steampunk card part 2

Well I promised a part 2, so just to recap, I have used the letraset limited edition summer promarkers, and the kanban Jasper Steampunk stamps.


To make the background the dress is on, I have used a fab technique that I saw last week on the TV demoed by the lovely Sheena Douglas, I had to have a go (not as good as hers though).
I have randomly scribbled promarkers onto a piece of mirri card that I embossed in my bigshot.


I then used a little bit of Tim Holtz Blending solution on a cotton bud and dabbed over the promarker, this gives almost the same effect as alcohol inks , 2 things I should mention, Sheena sanded her embossed areas and she used acetone free nail varnish remover. I didn't like the look of the sanding on this occasion and didn't have any remover in the shop! But I am determined to have another go so... 
watch this space!!!


This was the only angle that I could show you the colours!
To finish the card I have printed some words on the computer and cut them out and coloured with the promarkers again, I also used black card to mount everything onto for a change, I think it contrasts with all those bright colours really well.
I hope you all have a go at the mirri technique, its great fun.

Happy colouring
Nickyx




1 comment:

scannercalypte said...

Wow, this really zings! Love it :)