Pages

Sunday 4 October 2015

October- my favourite colour!

So its October already! I can't believe just how quickly this year is flying past, but it does mean its my favourite time of the year, Autumn or fall if you are from across the pond, which is of course the most appropriate word for the season! You see its the colours, I just love all the different shades of deep greens turning to reds and oranges, and the cold misty mornings that warm through the day, get me being all poetic! talking of poems I found this on the interweb thingy!


 Isn't it great!
 
Now its a new month of course it does mean that there is a new challenge at the Spectrum Noir Facebook page, and here is my contribution for this month...
 
 
 
The theme is to use Orange and or Grey! (and anything Spectrum Noir of course!)
I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to colour this Polkadoodles image of the scarecrow and pumpkins, I purchased one of those bundle deals where you get lots of different elements and then I used my graphics program to create my picture.
 
 
He is definitely too cute to scare those naughty birds away from the pumpkin patch!
The colours I used are:
Scarecrow - BG1, BG2, BG4, CR7, CR10, OR1, Blender, BG4, BG6, BG8
Acorns - BG4, OR1, OR2, BG6
Pumpkins - BG4, BG6, OR2, CR10,
I used spiced marmalade distress ink around the edges of the picture to give a soft autumnal glow.
 



Why not check out the other design team inspiration board and enter your project to be in with a chance of winning a prize, all the details can be found HERE!
Good luck I know you are all awesome so ...
 
Happy colouring
 
Nicky x

No comments: