Pages

Sunday 10 January 2016

Happy New Year!!!

I know its the 10th of January already, how long is it ok to still say 'Happy New Year' anyway?

Well I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, I spent a lot of time with family and friends just relaxing and doing very little of anything... except eating of course there was a lot of eating, and we don't need to talk about drinking do we?

So this year looks set to be amazing crafty wise, as I have already had a few sneaky peaks into new stuff coming into the crafty market place, you are going to love it all!

Getting back to business, there is a new challenge over at Spectrum Noir's Facebook page and because its the new year slump we thought it would be a great idea of having a super easy challenge...
'Anything goes'!
Of course you will still need to use your Spectrum Noir products, maybe you got some for Christmas, you could use those! But literally you can showcase any new project, and as always there is a £30/$30 prize on offer of Spectrum Noir products.

For inspiration I made this...

 
It's a little art journal, and has plain pages so I can draw directly on the pages, I love to doodle and I also have lots of little stamped pictures and digis that I colour for practice that really need to be stuck into a book along with their colour combinations, so this year that's where they are all going to go!

 
I chose colours that went with the backing papers, to colour this Saturated Canary image, do you do that or colour then find a paper?
Here is a list of the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers I used:
Skin - FS2, FS4, FS8, FS9
Hair - TN4, TN7, EB6...
Tshirt - PP2, PP4, PP5, DR1, DR6, DR7
Jeans - GT1, GT2, JG3, JG5
Shoes - IG1, IG2

I use pencils so much I had forgotten just how much I love my markers, it made a very refreshing change.

To play along this month all you have to do is click HERE and you will go straight to the Facebook page, where you can upload your project and see all the important T's&C's!

Happy New Year everyone, and remember...

Happy Colouring!

Nicky x

1 comment:

Wendos said...

Very talented and what a lovely cover for a drawing journal