Pages

Saturday 20 October 2012

Game-Boy


The final birthday of this week, for Ashley my husbands nephew, who turned 13! 
Wow how the time passes, I remember visiting him in hospital the day after he was born, just days after finding out, I myself, was pregnant with Harry!

So what better to do for a new teen, than to depict their favourite pass time...X-BOX!!



I punted around my favourite digi sites and found this one, its by Maurie J. Manning from 
I just love all of her illustrations, and there is a good range of images, but it it does make it hard to choose, I could easily spend an absolute fortune! but there is something there for everyone and every occasion.


I have been trying to limit the amount of colour groups I am using, as I think it makes the finished product less complicated.
The other thing I'm doing is to keep my cards more simple than I have done in the past, I put a lot of time and effort into my colouring and that's what I want the main focus to be.
I am not knocking any of the beautiful artwork that I see looking around my favourite blogs, I just want to keep it simple, that's my style .


So Here is the finished card, I haven't used any backing papers, just clear embossed a few stars, Hope you like it!

Happy colouring you lot
Nicky x

1 comment:

Pauline said...

He's wonderful Nicky! I love the clear embossed stars, and I love your fabulous colouring! A great, un fussy card for a teenage boy!