Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

WOOHAHAHAAaaaaa...........

Happy Halloween to all those that enjoy, apologies to everyone else that doesn't, It's a holiday that is growing on me, We were never allowed to even consider it as children! But I don't see why my boys should miss all the fun, and here's a picture of Harry looking very pleased with himself for carving his pumpkin, with only a little help from his Dad.


So what did I do for Halloween?, no need to dress up I'm scarey enough!!
I made a little basket, I have to say I am quite pleased with it, I had nothing in my stash remotely to do with halloween, so a little ingenuity was required.


To make the pumpkin I have used Orange glitter card and the Tonic studio's shapemate Oval frames and cut 6 of the smallest  on the outside edge, then used a dark brown Promarker to define the edges.
Then stick them all together in a pumpkin shape, I find silicone the best thing for sticking glitter card as you need a bit of extra grip. I used a bit of scrap card to make a stalk and used a spellbinder die to give it some twidley bits! I then stuck it onto some card and cut around it, I dont like mess on the back of my work, it looks unprofessional.


I got this super cool Digi from Saturated Canary and coloured her with promarkers, But thought that she would be better having a little treat basket of her own so made her one using an egg punch to get my mini ovals and put it together in the same way as the large ones, just adding a little face on the front one,

I used my cricut that I have hooked upto the Cricut design Studio, to make the trick or treat motif, I have to see I was so chuffed with it as it was the first thing I have designed with the software ( I even did a little dance of joy around the living room!)


I have made a little box and stuck it onto the back then added a handle.
 All that was needed was to add the sweets.


I hope you like my project, and remember.....
"Don't have nightmares"! 

Happy Halloween
Nicky x

No comments: