Pages

Monday 13 April 2015

Colouring folds in fabric.

Hi everyone, apologies for my post being late, I had a technology free weekend, and forgot to do my scheduling before hand, I know, I gave myself a big slap on the wrist!

Today I want to show you a card I made that has an image with LOTS of fabric folds, but its dead easy to do if you follow the instructions set out by Dilyana over on the Spectrum Noir blog, heres a link to her fab tutorial, she shows you how to colour using 4 markers, but I wanted to see if I could use the same technique but with my pencils.


So to colour the skirt on this lovely Make it Crafty image, I used 034, 035, 029 and 120, and for her top I used 078, 080, 082 and 029, again following Dilyana's instruction.

 
Her Skin is coloured with 005, 009 and 089, and her hair is 084, 087 and 089, her shoes are the same colours as her top.
As I put so much work into the colouring, I felt that she needed to have a very simple card base, so I printed the sentiment, also from make it crafty, directly onto a card blank, then cut cut her out and mounted her onto the front of the card, and finished it off with a simple black outline around the edge.
I hope you like my card, and take the time to follow the tutorial on the Spectrum Noir blog.
 
Happy colouring!
Nicky x 
 
 

No comments: