Pages

Friday 3 April 2015

Something a little different from me today!

Hi everyone, I hope you didn't eat too many hot cross buns yet! I'm trying to be good and haven't had any, I'm saving myself for Sunday as my Mum as bought me a large dairy free Easter egg!

Today I want to share with you the third card I made for the Stampendous/Spectrum Noir collaboration that we are running at the moment, and this particular card is somewhat different than my normal cards, but I wanted to showcase how many different ways you can use the same stamp.
 
So I used the same cling Bowl Bouquet stamp from Stampendous, as before, as well as their Friendly phrases word stamp set, but only stamped the flowers into the corner of a small square of card, then heat embossed it with the embossing powder from the Teal Frantage encrusted kit, from Stampenous, and then I watercoloured across the whole card with just 3 of my
Spectrum Aquas, Kingfisher, Sunflower and Red Violet.

 
When it was dry I added a little more of the colours into the large rose at the front, and added a bit of white gel pen as an accent.
I then got out the rest of the Frantage kit and randomly sprinkled bits in different areas carefully heating from underneath, so as not to blow the product around, plus it makes quite a bit of mess if you do that!!! 
 
 
 
I love the effects you can get with the fragments and different powders, I really felt that I was making art happen!
 
I hope I have inspired you to make your own little piece of art today,
Happy Easter everyone
 
Nicky x
 

No comments: